Questions within a group not aligning

Jump to solution
02-10-2021 06:17 AM
GrantBenn1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am finding that questions in a group (where the group appearance is set to w3 compact) do not align properly. The three questions that are then arranged next to each other in a row do not line up horizontally with each other. I have attached a jpeg showing what this looks like.

Thanks,

Grant

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GrantBenn1,

Thanks for sharing your xlsx form. I am able to confirm it is the required astericks causing the issue, as it requies an extra pixel height from the top of the group box as the astericks sits jsut above the normal text height.

The good news is that for the next release after 3.12 (due out in a few weeks) we are working on other layout and alignment issues, especially when using grid theme, so it is likely this issue will also be resolved in 3.13. Will keep you updated on progress.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
GrantBenn1
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Thanks a lot for this. I look forward to seeing this resolved in 3.13.

Regards,

Grant

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GrantBenn1,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, does this happen on all devices and different OS, or jsut some? If so which ones and what version of Survey123 Connect and field app are you using?

Also, I notice the question in the middle is set as required, whereas the other 2 are not, and this one is the one not aligned properly. If you remove the required does it align correctly again? 

Could you share your xlsx file for this survey so we can take a closer look and see if anything else causing this issue.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
GrantBenn1
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Thanks a lot for the reply. 

I am seeing this on both iOS devices and on my desktop computer (windows 10 Pro) using the field app (version 3.9.148). The same behaviopur is also shown in Connect (version 3.11.123).

Good spot of the required/not required difference. Making them all required or not required results in them aligning correctly. However, this does not fit with the logic I need in the tool.

I have attached the xlsx form.

Thanks again,

Grant

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GrantBenn1,

Thanks for sharing your xlsx form. I am able to confirm it is the required astericks causing the issue, as it requies an extra pixel height from the top of the group box as the astericks sits jsut above the normal text height.

The good news is that for the next release after 3.12 (due out in a few weeks) we are working on other layout and alignment issues, especially when using grid theme, so it is likely this issue will also be resolved in 3.13. Will keep you updated on progress.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
GrantBenn1
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Thanks a lot for this. I look forward to seeing this resolved in 3.13.

Regards,

Grant

0 Kudos