Select to view content in your preferred language

Query a Feature Layer by ArcGIS_Survey123 Not Working

Jump to solution
06-13-2023 12:23 PM
MicahTrierweiler
New Contributor

Working with Survey123 Connect Version 3.11.123, I was attempting to use pulldata("@layer", "getRecord", "<URL>", "<WHERE clause>") to pull information in from a feature layer. Having trouble getting it to work I started scraping the internet to figure out what I was doing wrong (I am newer to creating Survey123 Forms). Most of what I could find online and in the community was to reference the Sample Form called "Query a Feature Layer".

Creating a new Survey in connect, using that initial XLSform design, I noticed the following error when the form is using the concat function. As well as, nothing was returned when I selected the county (to be expected with the where clause concat function not working).

MicahTrierweiler_0-1686676679932.png

I then published the form to try it in the web and the desktop app with the following results.

Web: get a undefined error and cannot even get to the second page.

MicahTrierweiler_1-1686677237971.png

Survey123 Desktop App: Same error as connect.

I then figured if the concat is causing the issue I would try and hardcode the where clause to see if I could get it to return anything. To do this I first went into the feature layer data and grabbed some FIPS data.

MicahTrierweiler_2-1686677491670.png

Taking this to the URL directly I tried to query the layer to make sure information was being returned

MicahTrierweiler_3-1686677819404.png

JSON was successfully returned

MicahTrierweiler_4-1686677850038.png

Thinking sweet its looking more like it might be concat function issue, I then went into the XLSform removed the calculation for "where1" and set the default to FIPS = '01013'. I also called ${where1} at the end of another note to ensure that it was passing the default as expected.

MicahTrierweiler_5-1686679036247.png

Doing this obviously got rid of the concat error, but still nothing is returned.

MicahTrierweiler_6-1686681876807.png

I am not sure if this is a issue with my current version of Survey123, is there somewhere that older versions can be downloaded, so I can see if the issue is still present?

Has anyone ran into this issue with there surveys?

If so is there a  work around for it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MicahTrierweiler

Survey123 3.11 does not support pulldata("@layer"), this functionality was originally released with Survey123 3.16 and is available in our current 3.18 release

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MicahTrierweiler

Survey123 3.11 does not support pulldata("@layer"), this functionality was originally released with Survey123 3.16 and is available in our current 3.18 release

Thank you,
Zach
MicahTrierweiler
New Contributor

Ohhh haha that is what I get for assuming the version available through our companies software distribution service was the latest. Thanks for the quick response.