QR Code

08-11-2020 06:09 AM
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

I have downloaded the new version 3.10. The QR bar code is no more working. I have tried it on the 3.9 version and it is working well.

Any suggestion?

Oussama

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

Can you provide more details, QR code scanning should work as before with 3.10? What type of device, OS, version are you using?

Are you referring to using a barcode question in your survey and trying to scan a QR code? Can you check in the barcode type chooser for that question that QR code is selected, and also test with all other types off?

Can you try and create a simple survey in Connect with just one barcode question, publish and open in the field app? Does that work with the same QR code with default settings?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

hi,

I am using

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

Can you share a copy of the QR code you are trying to scan?

Have you tested other Windows devices, or is it just this one device not working? We have tested many Windows devices and QR codes are working as expected on many different Windows versions and devices?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi Phil,

Actually it is not working on windows operating systems. It is working well on IOS and Android.

Best,

Oussama

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

That's interesting, we have not had any reported issues of QR codes not working on Windows, or seen any issues with all our test devices. I just did more tests with the 3.10 release builds on Windows 10 (Surface Book) and QR code scanning working as expected.

What version of Windows are you using? Can you provide exact Edition, Version and OS build number from System About screen in Windows Settings.

Also can you confirm the device make and model?

If you install the 3.9 builds again, does the QR code scanning work as expected? 

Are you able to share a copy/image of the QR code you are trying to scan?

And as a last test, can you see if you can scan this QR code below from a printed copy or even from the screen using your Windows device with 3.10 builds. 

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

In addition to my comments above, can you confirm if you are using in-built camera in the Windows laptop, or an external USB camera? Are there any additional settings or configurations for the camera that have been changed from default in the camera settings. Often there are settings in the camera to turn on mirroring, tracking, focus, blur and other custom manufacture settnigs.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos