Select to view content in your preferred language

Pulldata@layer not functioning correctly in Mobile App for Geotrace/Geoshape features

yesterday
DanielSnozwell
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have created some surveys in the S123 website and Connect to test a theory. I originally created a survey in Connect with the intention for surveyors to capture polygons of wildfire areas (small and large) in the field using the S123 app. I wanted the District (I used a hosted layer within my organisation) to prepopulate in the survey depending on where the polygon was drawn, rather than the user having to select one from a list. This worked in the browser (on a laptop - see left photo below) but not in the mobile app (see right photo)Test polygon captured in web. Does populate correctlyTest polygon captured in web. Does populate correctlyTest polygon captured in app. District does not populate (with internet)Test polygon captured in app. District does not populate (with internet)

Oddly this effects polygons (Geoshapes) and lines (Geotrace), but points (Geopoints) work fine in both the mobile app (providing the mobile device has internet of course) and the browser. See below that the District field is prepopulated like expected in the app. All my test surveys are the same, with the exception of how the map captures data. A geopoint captured in the mobile app works correctly as the District field is prepopulatedA geopoint captured in the mobile app works correctly as the District field is prepopulated

Is this a known behaviour with polygons and lines in the Survey123 app? Has anyone found a workaround? It seems odd to work for all in the browser but only points in the mobile app. The syntax I have been using in the calculation field is below:

pulldata("@layer", "getValueAt", "attributes.DISTRICT", "<name of the layer URL which is shared within my organisation>", ${location}, "")

Many thanks,

Dan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies