pulldata function not working with external_choices

04-24-2017 07:54 AM
ErickWiggs2
New Contributor III

Howdy,

I am trying to use the pulldata function to autopopulate my survey based on an external_choices return. 

I have set up the external select as a cascade based on a field in the choices tab:

As you can see here, once the Zone is chosen, it will give back those addresses within the zone.

The external_choices table is set up with the name = a UID for the label = address. For example:

What I am attempting to do further into the survey is auto-populate coordinates via the pulldata function based on the name UID. 

pulldata('MLGW_AreaA','X','Premise',${PREM_CODE})
pulldata('MLGW_AreaA','Y','Premise',${PREM_CODE})
where the file name is MLGW_AreaA and the file looks like this:

all of this should work. but it is not.
I have attempted to change the field it's pulling the data from to both the Premise and the Address fields, but nada.

I should state that I am using vers. 2.0.29

Any suggestions??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErickWiggs2
New Contributor III

I have figured out my issue. I just switched over from using the premise UID to just the address. 

I attempted to use the int(), string(), and number() functions on the Premise UID but those didn't work. Altering the link to be the Address (and thus just a string) seems to work wonders.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Erick,

As you point out, the issue is probably a text conversion - you may want to try explicitly setting the name values in your choice list to text in the Excel sheet (by default, they're saved as numbers).

0 Kudos