pulldata function not working for me

Jump to solution
03-07-2022 11:57 AM
JGVadnais1
New Contributor III

I'm creating a survey that populates the FIPS code for a selected California Mission.  Unfortunately, It's not working.  I've tried to troubleshoot on my own without any luck.   Hoping the community could provide insight.  Thank you!

Attachments: 

The Survey123 connect form labeled California Missions 2

The CSV file labeled calmissions1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JGVadnais1
New Contributor III

Great catch!  Thank you.  
I have another question.  After updating the survey, the pulldata function worked - as shown in the image. 

Now, I'm learning that I cannot update calculations.  Is this because I initial created the survey in the online web app version?  In order to use the pulldata function, do I have to create the survey in connect?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try without the commas.  It is a CSV so commas can get you.

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Should the value in your CSV (field names) be the same as your list_missions that you are using for your field Missions?

DominicRoberge2_0-1646685315877.png

DominicRoberge2_1-1646685408115.png

0 Kudos
JGVadnais1
New Contributor III

Great catch!  Thank you.  
I have another question.  After updating the survey, the pulldata function worked - as shown in the image. 

Now, I'm learning that I cannot update calculations.  Is this because I initial created the survey in the online web app version?  In order to use the pulldata function, do I have to create the survey in connect?

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Glad it solved your first problem (please mark as the accepted solution).

I am not a Surver123 export but yes I do believe that you have to publish the from Survey Connect

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformformulas.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_A3C2F35...

0 Kudos