pulldata() function in survey 123 not working

04-22-2019 01:58 PM
LDPWRI_ADMINMngomezulu
New Contributor

Good Day 

I am currently experiencing issues with the  pulldata() function, the survey is intended to assist with collecting movable assets information from various government departments. The information I am trying to pull is not populating in the survey, I am not sure what could be the problem. Please kindly assist. Attached is the .csv file that I've been attempting to pull from and also a screenshot of the survey.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In your column with all the ; in there like this 

BARCODE;SERIAL_NUMBER_PLATE;ASSET_DESCRIPTION;ROOMNUM;ROOM_DESCRIPTION;BUILDING;FLOOR;SITE_DESCRIPTION;RESPONSIBLE_PERSON;ASSET_CATEGORY_ID;CATEGORY;SUB_CATEGORY;SUB_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION_FOR_DEPRECIATION;CONDITION

You have new line chars in there.  That will kill you list.  If you can remove this column I would.   If not here is how to find new lines.

Open in Excel

Go to the column and select it

Right click Format Cells

Go to Alignment tab

Check Wrap Text

Now scroll through the list and you will see the new lines pop out at you.  

To fix edit that row and delete anything before the first char and everything after.  You of course will not see anything on the screen. But when you click away from the field you will see it change.

Issue number 2 is you have Commas in this field PROPERTY, PLANT AND EQUIPMENT.  You cannot have ANY commas in the label field.  It will cause you list to be all misplaced.  Oh I see them in the 3rd column also COAT HANGER - HANGER STAND(STEEL,GREY).  Again no commas anywhere.

These both get me a lot when others send me files.  Not well documented.

0 Kudos
LDPWRI_ADMINMngomezulu
New Contributor

Hi 

Thank you so much from your prompt response, I will make the changes as suggested.

0 Kudos