Pulldata from external csv not working

Jump to solution
03-08-2022 05:38 PM
GISCQG
by
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have recently started using external csv for choices and the pulldara function. Everything had been working fine until I added a few more choices two days ago, and now the pulldata function is not working. I have checked for special characters, names, in the media folder, etc, and I'm not sure what I have done wrong. Preview in Connect works but doesn't in the field app. Please see external xls form attached and screenshot of pulldata calculation.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GISCQG,

Having a quick look at your CSV in a text editor, I can see two problems.

1. There appears to be an extra blank column at the end of the first 4 columns. This can be seen by the comma on the end of the lines.

2. There is an extra blank line at the end of the file (line 47).

I would suggest to remove this extra blank column and extra blank line, and try updating your survey.

It is always good practice to open your CSV files in a text editor (not Excel) to ensure they look correct as a plain CSV file. Sometimes Excel will add additional blank spaces, rows, columns that are not needed, and cause issues with the CSV parsing routines we use.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GISCQG,

Is the pulldata function not working in the field app or the web app? Can you please provide which version of Connect you published the survey with and also which version of field app you are using, or if the web app, which version is it version locked at?

Also, can you provide the actual CSV files you are using for the pulldata, as these will hold the key information to why they are not loading.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
GISCQG
by
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

The pulldata function is not working in the field app. Field app version is 3.14.237 and Connect version is 3.7.62.

Please see attached csv.

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GISCQG,

Having a quick look at your CSV in a text editor, I can see two problems.

1. There appears to be an extra blank column at the end of the first 4 columns. This can be seen by the comma on the end of the lines.

2. There is an extra blank line at the end of the file (line 47).

I would suggest to remove this extra blank column and extra blank line, and try updating your survey.

It is always good practice to open your CSV files in a text editor (not Excel) to ensure they look correct as a plain CSV file. Sometimes Excel will add additional blank spaces, rows, columns that are not needed, and cause issues with the CSV parsing routines we use.

Regards,

Phil.

GISCQG
by
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

Thanks so much; that was the issue! I will start checking my CSV files in a text editor now. It didn't even cross my mind.

Thanks!

0 Kudos