Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing multiple geopoints in a survey creates table instead of feature layer, and doesn't respect geopoint's null field type

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
rwrenner_abtglobal
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a survey (in S123Connect) with 2 geopoint questions, the 1st of which has a null bind::esri::fieldType, and the 2nd of which I want to store its location as geometry in the feature layer.

The gist of the desired functionality is that the 1st geopoint question allows the user to pick a location, but this location isn't stored, hence the null field type. The 2nd geopoint question is supposed to generalize the location to the block group centroid where the user had placed the pin (involving a pulldata query of a layer - this part works fine).

The problem is, when publishing the survey, neither of these this field type designations are respected, as I'd expect. When both geopoint questions are present with the first being null, survey insists that it isn't null and the schema tab of connect tells me it's a geopoint. It says the 2nd geopoint is a string. However, when publishing to AGOL, it creates a table not a feature layer ignoring the 2nd geopoint, whose geometry should be stored AND disregarding the 1st geopoint, which says it WAS stored as a geopoint.

To test, I removed the 1st geopoint and republished - AGOL re-created the data layer as a feature layer. But then when adding back in the 1st geopoint, it suddenly publishes as a table again.

Any thoughts or suggestions here, on how to get AGOL to collect the geometry of the 2nd geopoint? Can anyone confirm whether this is expected or do I need to open a case?

File is attached - thank you!!

-Rylee

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Sounds like you've hit BUG-000146472, where Survey doesn't like that the first geopoint is null. 

Workaround:

Move your non-null geopoint question so that it is first, remove the calculation attached to it, and publish your survey. Once it is published and the schema has been created you can edit your survey and move your non-null geopoint question back below the null one and include the calculation. Republish.  

- Jen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Sounds like you've hit BUG-000146472, where Survey doesn't like that the first geopoint is null. 

Workaround:

Move your non-null geopoint question so that it is first, remove the calculation attached to it, and publish your survey. Once it is published and the schema has been created you can edit your survey and move your non-null geopoint question back below the null one and include the calculation. Republish.  

- Jen
0 Kudos