Publishing and updating a webservice using Survey123 and ArcMap

07-31-2019 04:52 AM
JorgeFernandes
New Contributor II

Hi.
I am using a Survey123 form and ArcMap to create and publish a map service to be shared and visualized in a WebApp.
The goal is to have the form open to submissions and that the points can be automatically visualized in the map after each submission.
I am wondering if it is possible to have the outputs of the Survey123 form updated automatically and displayed on the map (and in WebApp) using ArcMap?
I do not know if my doubt is evident. Is it possible to convert in ArcMap the results of the survey so that the outputs can be updated automatically with new submissions? And then shared in the WebApp?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Jorge

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Survey123 data goes into a Feature Service.  Just add that Feature Service to your map/WebApp.

0 Kudos
JorgeFernandes
New Contributor II

Thank you Doug for your reply.

I did that but in the end, it does offer many editing possibilities. Thus, I first linked the survey to ArcMap to create all the layers as I would like to be shown in the map/WebApp. When ready, I am using ArcMap to publish the feature service. However, this way I am not getting the map points to update automatically.

Any advice or suggestion to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Jorge

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you created a second service. You have to build the web map then attach that to the web app. You cannot use arcmap for this. 

0 Kudos