Published survey not listed in Connect

Jump to solution
09-28-2021 03:41 PM
DavidWilliams7
New Contributor II

Hello-

Using Connect 3.12.232, I created a new survey using an old survey as a template. New survey appears fine but the old survey disappeared from the My Surveys listing in survey123.arcgis.com. Thinking it was some sort of stakeholder view issue, I deleted the existing Stakeholder feature layer view file as per steps here: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000016667

It then reappeared in the My Surveys listing but remains stubbornly absent from the Connect gallery. Any ideas how I buggered this up? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Hi @DavidWilliams7,

The first thing that comes to mind if a survey is published and working fine but doesn't appear in Connect is that you don't own it (has anyone changed the ownership on it?) and that the survey folder is not on your local drive.

Can you see both old and new survey folders in your My Survey Design folder (usually under C:\Users\your_username\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs)?

If you do see both folder, try to hit the refresh button on Connect (top right) or shut it down and restart. Make sure the folders have all the relevant files in it (survey.xlsx etc). Another thing you can do is change the folder name, and restart/refresh Connect - sometime it takes it a bit to register name changes.

If you can't see the old folder on your local drive then somehow you deleted it. If you own the survey and it is published but it's not on your local drive you should actually see it in Connect with a Download option (assuming you're connected to your organization). Otherwise I'm not sure what it could be.

Uri

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Hi @DavidWilliams7,

The first thing that comes to mind if a survey is published and working fine but doesn't appear in Connect is that you don't own it (has anyone changed the ownership on it?) and that the survey folder is not on your local drive.

Can you see both old and new survey folders in your My Survey Design folder (usually under C:\Users\your_username\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs)?

If you do see both folder, try to hit the refresh button on Connect (top right) or shut it down and restart. Make sure the folders have all the relevant files in it (survey.xlsx etc). Another thing you can do is change the folder name, and restart/refresh Connect - sometime it takes it a bit to register name changes.

If you can't see the old folder on your local drive then somehow you deleted it. If you own the survey and it is published but it's not on your local drive you should actually see it in Connect with a Download option (assuming you're connected to your organization). Otherwise I'm not sure what it could be.

Uri

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
DavidWilliams7
New Contributor II

Hi Uri,

Many thanks for your thoughtful, detailed reply. Your question: 'Can you see both old and new survey folders in your My Survey Design folder' is illuminating. Indeed I see what I believe are both. The old survey form, however, has a different name (Form 1) than the survey listed in survey123.arcgis.com. "Form 1" does appear fine in Connect. Foolishly, it seems I was just looking for the wrong thing!

Best,
David

0 Kudos