Publish Survey123 Connect with repeats not working

Jump to solution
04-06-2022 11:51 AM
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

I have created a survey in Survey123 Connect from a hosted feature layer with a point layer and a related table to hold the survey results. After I published the hosted feature layer, I was asked to add a couple of repeats to the form. After adding the repeats, the survey would not publish/update. After doing some reading, I learned that I am not able to add repeats to an existing survey and publish it (unless I'm mistaken). I then recreated the survey by copying over the survey questions/choices, etc from the first survey to the new form.

Now, when I go to publish the survey, I get the following error:

Survey123_Screenshot.JPG

Does the hosted feature layer need to already have tables for the repeats added to it prior to creating the survey? Can anyone help with this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need to match the Name column on the begin repeat line to your repeat table name.  That is how it finds it.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
HuubZwart
Occasional Contributor

Yes, either have the existing feature service match the data model (i.e. have a point layer and table with all fields configured) or create a new feature service from scratch from Connect upon publishing. For the latter to work remove the submission url/item from the settings tab in the XLS if you copy from your old XLS, this references the existing item to update. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need to match the Name column on the begin repeat line to your repeat table name.  That is how it finds it.

janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure who marked this as a "solution" but changing the name of the repeat to match the related table does not allow me to publish. I just got off the phone with Customer Service and I can't seem to get a straight answer. All I'd like to know is: Does Survey123 Connect support having repeats when the survey is created from a feature service with a related table? If yes, then can someone please show me how to do this? If not, then I'd like to get a definitive "no, that's not possible." If someone could clear this up, that would be much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes its possible I have a lot of them.  The layer or table name has the word repeat in it?  The error is saying the names do not match.  Can you post a screen shot of the form at least and a screen shot of the service.  

0 Kudos
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

janderson_ksninc_0-1651180706969.png

janderson_ksninc_1-1651180748399.png

janderson_ksninc_2-1651180792787.png

janderson_ksninc_3-1651180894906.png

janderson_ksninc_0-1651181152643.png

@DougBrowning  - Thanks for responding! For this example, I created a new, fake survey as I didn't want to risk unintentionally editing an existing survey. I attached screenshots of the form, XLS form, feature service, the error that I'm getting, and the settings page of the XLS form. Please let me know if you spot something that I'm missing. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you screen shot the service page though also.  Link in the bottom right.

I think it may be that form_id should match the main layer name Fake_Survey_Points and then the repeat name matches the table.  You got the repeat table name in both spots.  Try that quick.  If not post the rest page.

0 Kudos
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

@DougBrowning  - Would you be willing to post a screenshot of a feature service showing the feature layer and related table along with screenshots of the XLS form (survey and settings pages) configured to accept repeats?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

DougBrowning_1-1651182267583.png

DougBrowning_0-1651182227777.png

Hope that helps you are just matching up the names in the two places.  That is how 123 finds them.

0 Kudos
janderson_ksninc
Occasional Contributor

So, I redid the survey and changed it so that the form ID matches the main layer (point layer) and the name of the repeat matches the related table and now I'm getting this error:

janderson_ksninc_0-1651184369369.png

janderson_ksninc_1-1651184390118.png

janderson_ksninc_2-1651184421297.png

The error says that I don't have a label when I clearly do. What am I missing?

0 Kudos