Publish survey form with new repeat question

03-27-2019 04:13 PM
AdminValorInmueble
New Contributor III

hello, we have a survey that has 4 repeat questions, but since the workflow changed, it is necessary to add an additional repeat. However, when trying to publish, the alert is shown that the feature service will be replaced, losing all data. How can I update my survey, with the new repetition question, without losing the data?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeffry,

As you are trying to make a schema change which includes adding a new related table/layer to the feature service and new relationships, this can not be done by republishing the survey in Connect without having to re-create the feature service, which leads to data loss.

The best way around this would be to add the required related table/layer with all the fields you want in ArcMap/Pro and create the correct relationship, and then add the same repeat name and fields in your survey and try re-publish. If everything matches up the survey should publish successfully.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AdminValorInmueble
New Contributor III

Hi phill, Thanks for the prompt response.

I have made simple relationships for local geodatabases, but I have not done it for online feature service, I will try, if you have any guide or a link with information on how to do it, I would really appreciate it.

best regards

jeffry.

0 Kudos