Problem syncing large hosted feature layer to mobile app

09-12-2022 07:51 AM
GIS_MJ
by
New Contributor III

I am having an issue downloading my survey to the survey 123 mobile app. The survey I created has one feature class  and two related tables.  The datasets are pretty big - one of the related tables has ~97,000 records (the other datasets are smaller - the feature class has ~6000 records and the second related table has ~11000 records). The data is hosted in AGOL. In the Survey 123 web app, everything seems to work OK -- I can edit the feature class data, display the related records, edit the related records etc.. However, I have been trying to download the survey to an Ipad , and it just spins....Is there a way to side load my hosted feature to the ipad instead of trying to sync it over wi-fi (using a mobile geodatabase or something like that)? 

3 Replies
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

It sounds like you are downloading into the inbox of Survey123 on the iPad.

The download has a maximum limit; I believe it's 999 records.

You'll need your team to use the map icon (inside the inbox) to zoom into the location they'll be working in, then refresh the inbox. This will only pull down the records they need.

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1662997463984.png

I hope that helps!

0 Kudos
GIS_MJ
by
New Contributor III

Michelle - You are correct, the problem is with the inbox downloading all the records. Thank you for the quick response - I didn't know about the inbox limit. Do you know if there are any workarounds for downloading/getting all the data onto the IPAD at once? We are inventorying all records for our entire state, by unique ID, so I was hoping that the user could search through all records, instead of being limited spatially. 

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

You can assign inspectors to an area and have the inbox download only that person's area, but you can still only have up to the limit. (this way, they don't have to go into the map icon.)

If you need more help, you can ping me on LinkedIn, and we can work through it together.

(1) Michelle (Monte) Williams | LinkedIn

0 Kudos