Print fail started overnight

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

Some of my prints have started failing overnight with the following error:

"messages": [
    "An error occurred when rendering by the report engine.  Failed to print map for `${gn_coordinates | mapSettings:””:5000 | getValue:\"\" | size:250:0:0:250}`.  EDSK1: A temporary issue occurred. Please try again later."
  ]

Nothing wrong with the templates. Seems like an issue on the reporting engine side. Not sure if Esri is aware or not.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I just re-uploaded all of my Feature Report templates with a geopoint and ran a test on one of them. I am no longer receiving an error. This appears to be fixed on Esri's end.

abureaux_0-1713901407358.png

Hopefully all your reports are working as intended again as well.

View solution in original post

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

To confirm, there was an issue with the feature report system due to an infrastructure upgrade that occurred last night.  That upgrade has been rolled back.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
EricAnderson_DHS
Occasional Contributor

Same issue here, definitely something on Esri side. Can anyone on product team please comment? 

0 Kudos
EricAnderson_DHS
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

Same here. Reports with maps from different surveys failed at 8:34 AM and 10:27 AM EST. I wish the ArcGIS Online Dashboard was more up to date and informative. 

AprilChipman

Yep. Surprise problem this morning - survey reports aren't printing or emailing properly.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

BTW, as a short-term fix, I removed the geopoint from my output to get the failures processed. Not ideal, but at least it works.

0 Kudos
EricAnderson_DHS
Occasional Contributor

Yeah it's clear the issue is with geopoint/map based questions in the report templates. Wouldn't necessarily call removing the map questions entirely a fix, but thanks!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

No, not a fix at all. And now I have to remember to add it back in at the end of the day for every form that I had to remove it from to see if the issue has been resolved. So rather annoying 😞

Hopefully Esri sees this and posts a reply.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

I just created a new post, and now I see this.

Same issue here

0 Kudos
EricAnderson_DHS
Occasional Contributor

Working with Tech Support, and they have confirmed the issue and are investigating. 

INC-001084: Survey123 fails to generate featureReport when survey contains a geolocation question. The latest update on this Incident is: Report generation fails for surveys that contain a geolocation map question. This is being actively investigated.  You will see additional automated emails from the Incident Management Team with status updates as the Incident continues to be mitigated.