Select to view content in your preferred language

Prevent multiple people from editing record at the same time in Survey123 Widget in Experience Builder

09-25-2023 12:05 PM
LJackson29
Frequent Contributor

Hi - I have a Survey123 form created using Survey123 Connect. It is used in an Experience Builder app in AGOL, to add new records or to edit existing records using the Survey widget. We are running into issues where 2 people are trying to edit the same record at the same time, and then one receives an error when they try to submit and is unable to submit their changes, and they then need to refresh and start their edit session over again. Is there any way to prevent more than one person from editing a record at a time?

Many thanks,

Leila

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @LJackson29

Would you be able to provide a screen capture of the error message returned? Multiple people should be able to edit the same record at the same time. What will happen is the last edit will win so for example if we both have the same record open at the same time and you change the answer for question 1 to Apples and I change the answer for question 1 to Oranges if I submit my survey before you do the value for question 1 will be Apples because your edit was the last change. 

Thank you,
Zach
LJackson29
Frequent Contributor

@ZacharySutherby Thanks for your comment. I have not been able to recreate this issue in testing when two people are editing the same record, so that does not seem to be the issue. I am wondering if it may be a network issue while completing the form. I am having users document when they encounter the issue and take a snapshot of the error. 

0 Kudos