Select to view content in your preferred language

Prefilled Multiline Text - Survey123 Connect

Friday
JFiacco_CEC
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm currently developing a survey that will be used to prompt local businesses. The business owner will be able to include various data about their business including hours of operation. Currently, there is a lot of variation in the hours of operation submission format. (see the image below)

JFiacco_CEC_1-1725024983656.png

I'd like to eliminate as much variation as possible. I came across a public survey in my searches and would like to do something similar. It looks like they have a multiline text box with the days of the week prefilled. 

JFiacco_CEC_0-1725024959034.png

Does anyone know how to accomplish this in connect? I'm open to other ideas too! Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure if default can do this but you could try it.  You would use a concat with '\n' as the separator to give you a new line.  If default does not go then you can use calculation but it gets funky since it will add a refresh button and if the user taps it, then what they entered will get wiped.  Set it up and test thoroughly. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Since data quality seems to be an issue, have you considered doing something more regimented?

Here is an example of what you can do with repeats:

abureaux_0-1725382942995.png

This ensures:

1. Data is consistent.
  2. Data is added for every day of the week.

You can of course change what needs changing.

0 Kudos