Select to view content in your preferred language

Power automat connector for surveys in ArcGIS Enterprise

Jump to solution
03-15-2024 06:55 AM
Remi_Foicik
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to configure Power Automat with our ArcGIS Enterprise platform. The official ESRI connector only supports AGOL surveys.
However, I've seen that it's possible to deploy a custom connector for ArcGIS Enterprise :
https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/create-an-arcgis-survey123-connector-for-microsoft-pow...

I've followed the whole procedure, all the Test are working but I'm stuck on the configuration once in power automat, I've created a very simple flow from the connector and a mail sending but I can't find anywhere the URL payload to trigger the flow?

Remi_Foicik_0-1710510892031.pngRemi_Foicik_1-1710510915476.png

Am I blind or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Correct. Enterprise needs to add a custom connector to Power Automate.

Heads-up: I never work in AI-assist mode. Far too laggy and unhelpful for me. So until it becomes more useful, I honestly am not bothering to learn the GUI. My screen caps are the standard Power Automate which can be toggled with the "New designed" toggle in the top right.

abureaux_0-1710514744356.png

After that, you can start a new flow and select your Custom When a survey response is submitted trigger:

abureaux_1-1710514860766.png

Once that is added, select the drop-down, and you  will (should) see a list of all your surveys:

abureaux_2-1710514926297.png

Make the selection, add any additional steps you want, and then save your flow.

After saving and turning this flow on, you will notice the associated survey will have a pending update. That update is Power Automate adding a webhook to the survey for you (and without that update, your submissions wont trigger the flow).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Correct. Enterprise needs to add a custom connector to Power Automate.

Heads-up: I never work in AI-assist mode. Far too laggy and unhelpful for me. So until it becomes more useful, I honestly am not bothering to learn the GUI. My screen caps are the standard Power Automate which can be toggled with the "New designed" toggle in the top right.

abureaux_0-1710514744356.png

After that, you can start a new flow and select your Custom When a survey response is submitted trigger:

abureaux_1-1710514860766.png

Once that is added, select the drop-down, and you  will (should) see a list of all your surveys:

abureaux_2-1710514926297.png

Make the selection, add any additional steps you want, and then save your flow.

After saving and turning this flow on, you will notice the associated survey will have a pending update. That update is Power Automate adding a webhook to the survey for you (and without that update, your submissions wont trigger the flow).

Remi_Foicik
Occasional Contributor

Hi @abureaux 

Ty for your answer, it works perfectly !
the problem was that I was trying to configure my feed on another user's survey with the form's itemID.

Have a nice week-end !

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Ahh. That makes sense.

I use a service account for our production environment so there is only a single publisher for surveys. It greatly simplifies the automation process.

0 Kudos