Select to view content in your preferred language

Populate drop down list from AGOL layer with multiple fields

Jump to solution
04-09-2024 12:04 PM
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to populate a drop down list from a search() question.

This question returns all the streets (polylines) within a buffer distance of the location of the user and then they select the closest street to them. This works without a problem.

However I would also like to concatenate multiple fields in the drop down list (street name, type of street, number from and up to) to make sure there are no errors when filling the form.

Is this possible?

Current appearance: search(concat("queryStreetName?url=service_url/0&distance=", ${distancebuffer}, "&units=esriSRUnit_Meter&orderByFields=field ASC"), 'intersects', '@geopoint', ${location})

where ${location} is a geopoint question.

I thought I could do something with pulldata() but from what I understand you can get only 1 record with this function, where I need multiple records and multiple fields.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @mikAMD

You would need to add a new field in your feature service and field calculate the concatenated value. The search() appearance can only use one field as the label in the choices worksheet. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @mikAMD

You would need to add a new field in your feature service and field calculate the concatenated value. The search() appearance can only use one field as the label in the choices worksheet. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor III

Oh yeah that's not a bad idea! And then I can extract different string values from this concatenated field to populate/query other fields (IDs and such)!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a possibility of adding the ability to concatenate labels from multiple fields in the future? We have a situation we want to have it query our UNITID field, but also add the UNITDESC to the label the users see, and we don't really want to add an extra field that just duplicates existing data.

ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey @RobertAnderson3

I've logged this feedback as something for us to investigate if it's possible to support in the future. Please feel free to reach out to Esri Technical Support to log an official Enhancement to track progress on the feature. 

Thank you,
Zach