Select to view content in your preferred language

Pictures from Surveys on Local Device

Jump to solution
07-17-2019 08:06 AM
RussellSturm
Emerging Contributor

In survey123 when attaching photos/pics to a survey it appears they are stored on the local device in 

\ArcGIS\My Survey Attachments.   After submitting a survey they are not removed so the amount of pictures in that folder appears to grow and grow.   Based upon limited available storage on local devices we are concerned with what will happen long term.

Is the survey submit function supposed to remove the pictures associated to the survey being submitted?

Is there a setting that cleans up this directory? 

Is the cleanup something we have custom code within our app? 

Thanks for any input or guidance you can give.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Russell,

The current design is to retain the photos in My Survey Attachments after submittal.  Currently, there is not a method to delete photos from within the app.  It is possible on non-iOS platforms to delete photos by using other file-browsing tools.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Russell,

The current design is to retain the photos in My Survey Attachments after submittal.  Currently, there is not a method to delete photos from within the app.  It is possible on non-iOS platforms to delete photos by using other file-browsing tools.

0 Kudos
JonathanWhite
Emerging Contributor

Perhaps uninstalling survey 123 and reinstalling it as a workaround on iOS platforms? Has this issue been addressed yet? 

0 Kudos