Photo Annotation Control

09-13-2018 04:06 PM
Th_re_B_Christensen
New Contributor III

Did the photo annotation "break" in Survey123 Connect v3.2.35 (Alpha)?  I was doing a demo where I deleted the "annotate" from the XLS schema to show how the camera icon changes.  When I went back to reverse this, I can no longer enter the word annotate in the Appearance column.  It also does not appear as a choice in the pull-down list.  What changed?

Cross reference to this article: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/09/20/talk-like-a-pirate-release-24 

4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Thöre,

There hasn't been a change to the XLS file template.  I believe what you are experiencing is that the Data Validation has become mis-aligned - this can occur if rows get copy/pasted around a sheet or between sheets.  A symptom of the latter is the XLS file opening gives a message about links being broken.  You can reset teh validation by going to the Data tab and selecting Data Validation.

0 Kudos
Th_re_B_Christensen
New Contributor III

Thank you James.  If I understand this correctly, there should be a row on the types sheet within the XLS.  When I go to view the types sheet, under the appearance category, annotate is not listed in.  I honestly did not intentionally delete this....  I don't know what it would have disappeared.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It might be that the survey pre-dated annotation being added; in that case, simple insert a row in the middle of that list and add 'annotate'

0 Kudos
Th_re_B_Christensen
New Contributor III

Yep, that was the culprit.  I updated the older XLS with date from a newer XLS in the types sheet, redid the data validation and it's working now.  Thank you James!