Select to view content in your preferred language

Payload URL Survey123

08-15-2024 08:07 AM
PTOOffice
Emerging Contributor

I updated my Power Automate script and now it isn't triggering/talking to Survey123.  I think the payload URL has changed.  I can't find out where to find the payload URL in Power Automate, so I can update it in Survey123 manually.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

This is hard to troubleshoot without some more info on the flow. Any chance you can post a screen cap? Might help point in the right direction.

Generally speaking, a Power Automate flow is linked to an S123 submission (either AGO or Enterprise) via the Flow's Trigger "When a survey response is submitted". E.g.,

abureaux_0-1723747855003.png

0 Kudos
PTOOffice
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for the response.  Here is a screen shot of my flow in Power Automate.  

workflow.JPG

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

You are using built-in triggers and connectors, which is a good thing. That greatly reduces the number of things that could be going wrong.

Firstly, I'd advise against that "new" designer. Your flow is quite simple, so there may not be any problems, but I've seen multiple times that the "new" designer has errors that aren't picked up properly, and subsequently the flow doesn't work. Switching to the "classic" designer will find those errors (if any). To switch to the "classic" designer, toggle off the "New designer" option in the top right. If that doesn't work (because its super buggy), just add ?v3=false to the end of the URL and press enter.

abureaux_1-1723818834831.png

Now, assuming you do that and there are no errors, there are a few things we can check:

1. Are you "Editing" your surveys and sending them in? This will not work unless you update your webhook first. Go to the Surveys Website (https://survey123.arcgis.com/surveys) > open your survey by clicking on the tile > click Settings (top right) > Webhooks > Locate your webhook and press the "Pencil" icon (Edit) > Check "Existing record edited". This is always disabled by default. Once you make that change, update your survey in the Field App (if you are using the field app). Without that pending update, the behaviour wont change.
    abureaux_0-1723818517169.png
  2. Go into your flow and expand "When a survey response is submitted". Do you still see the appropriate survey name?
    1. Check the name in Power Automate, and check for it in the Surveys Website. You should find an exact match in both locations.
    2. If the survey name appears like a long alphanumeric string, that may be okay. It happens regularly when the connection is old, but it shouldn't affect the flow. Go to Connections > locate your connection > click the ellipses (...) > click Switch account > log back in with an appropriate account. Now, go check your flow and the name should have changed form the alphanumeric string to a proper name. If it didn't, you either updated the wrong connection, or that survey no longer exists (aka, there's your problem).

0 Kudos