Passing values from workforce to Survey123

11-25-2019 08:23 AM
YasotharanTamil
New Contributor

Hey Guys,

I have a survey to which i would like to pass values to from workforce. These values are in custom fiels i have added to the assignment layer that workforce creates when a project is created. So the three fields I have created are Trail_ID, Trail_Name and Provisional_Length. 

So the workflow would be to create an assignment in workforce and then in the dispatchers web map you would edit the assignment point and enter the values in for the three custom fields. I then use this:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=73c140913c0c4138a82c75783f9df74f&field:Trail_ID={Trail_ID}&field:Trail_Name={Trail_Name}&field:Provisional_Length={Provisional__Length}

to pass the values across to the survey which works when i open the survey app on my laptop. But when i follow the link  on workforce on my iphone it does not populate the relevant fields in the survey123 app?

Is this a limitation or is there a different construction to the custom URL?

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yaz,

We may want to also bring in Workforce for ArcGIS‌ to also comment as a possible issue may be the URL construction.  Just to check, did you create the link through a manual configuration of the URL in the workforce project by editing the project's JSON?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yasotharan Tamil Workforce uses a scheme like

${assignment.workOrderId}

to inject the assignment fields into the the url scheme so I think you need to use a scheme like:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=73c140913c0c4138a82c75783f9df74f&field:Trail_ID={Trail_ID}&field:Trail_Name=${assignment.Trail_Name}&field:Provisional_Length=${assignment.Provisional__Length}

There's more examples in this thread: https://community.esri.com/thread/210402-custom-url-scheme-from-workforce 

0 Kudos
YasotharanTamil
New Contributor

Hey guys,

that didnt seem to do the trick but i am now able to pass the work order id as the trail id and have decided to make the other fields manual entry, it seemed like the best solution.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos