pass value fro feature to feature

10-20-2019 06:23 AM
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to pass the value in the field "testdata" in the main form to a field "IMSMA_ID" in another feature as below:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=36ff9e8c13e042a58cfce4ad87f55d19&field:IMSMA_ID={testdata}

Note that testdata and IMSMA_ID are of text type. when you run the main form in survey connect and try to open the other form that contains the IMSMA_ID, the field IMSMA_ID took the {testdata} as text and didn't fill the value set in {testdata}.

I am using survey connect version 3.6.137 and survey field version 3.6.153.

Any advise on this.

Best,

Oussama

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Oussama,

From a theoretical perspective, the URL looks correct for use within a pop-up's template.  Can you look at an actual URL that would open Survey123 by opening a pop-up and copying the link?

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi James ,

I tried it on an actual URL. It opened Survey123 and it gives me the same result IMSMA_ID= and not the value of testdata.

Best,

Oussama

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Oussama,

Can you share the actual URL?

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi James,

concat('<a href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=728ae32766d24ad8b664a24505998e77&field:IMSMA_ID=${testdata}">237 Hazard Report</a>')

The above function is used in the Pass values test xls.

Best,

Oussama

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Oussama,

The excel file explains what the issue is - based on your description, I had thought you were using the pop-up of a layer's web map (such as you would use in Collector or Explorer).

If you are creating a link within Survey123, you would need to use ${testdata} (as opposed to {testdata}), which you have done; however, the placeholder needs to be by itself in a concat statement, and you would need to join pieces together:

concat('<a href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=728ae32766d24ad8b664a24505998e77&field:imsma_id=', ${testdata}, '">237 Hazard Report</a>')

0 Kudos