Parent Layer ID error when Publishing survey with Relate Table

Jump to solution
08-31-2022 07:36 AM
aam
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to publish survey that was designed based on a Feature Service that has a Relate table. Everything works fine except when I change form_id to be the name of relate table. The reason I am doing this is so all the survey responses end up in the Relate Table and not the Feature Service Layer.

However, when I publish the survey I get an error "Parent layer ID 0 not found for table...". Has anyone come across this before? What should I do to overcome this error?

aam_0-1661956454724.png

aam_1-1661956488987.png

aam_2-1661956505387.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You cant have the form and the repeat point to the same table.  The begin repeat line is telling to add the reportsTBL and you told the form to send to reportsTBL also which of course does not make sense.  I do not think you want a repeat actually.  Remove the begin and end repeat lines and try that.  It will then send right to the table.  In order to link it to a parent table in the service (if that is what you want) you would have to take care of getting the key into the child yourself.

help files  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/survey123withexistingfeatureservices.htm

hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You cant have the form and the repeat point to the same table.  The begin repeat line is telling to add the reportsTBL and you told the form to send to reportsTBL also which of course does not make sense.  I do not think you want a repeat actually.  Remove the begin and end repeat lines and try that.  It will then send right to the table.  In order to link it to a parent table in the service (if that is what you want) you would have to take care of getting the key into the child yourself.

help files  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/survey123withexistingfeatureservices.htm

hope that helps

aam
by
Occasional Contributor

That did it, thank you very much!!