operation rolled back error

04-01-2021 12:14 PM
KellieUyeda
New Contributor

I recently created my first fairly complicated survey to move my organization's veg surveys to Survey123. While my survey produces no errors in Connect, some of my surveys get stuck in the outbox on my Android phone with the error "Operation rolled back".  As part of my troubleshooting, I tried opening my survey in my browser window, but some of the functionally that works on my phone don't work (calculating cumulative cover, moving on to the next quadrat). This makes me suspect I have something wrong with my various layers of groups and repeats. However, even when I don't enter any data beyond the site and transect name, some sites get stuck in the "operation rolled back error", while other sites have no problems. It seems like I have more than one layer of problems in my XLS form, although everything works exactly the way I want in Connect.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go into settings in the app and turn on the diagnostics log file.  That should tells us more.

0 Kudos
KellieUyeda
New Contributor

Right, I should have thought to do that first. It looks like I exceeded the maximum field length. It seems to work now that I specified a larger field length. 

0 Kudos