Operation Rolled Back Error and Repeats

12-12-2018 06:41 AM
ClaireCrossan
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have been having a problem with my form in Survey123. I am doing a survey where I need two repeats in the form: the first for three geopoints; and the second for a set of questions that can be repeated multiple times.

When I create the XLSForm, it seems to be fine and no errors occur. The form also appears how I would like in the app. However, when I try to submit the data I have collected, the error 'Operation Rolled Back' comes up. I have been researching this error but I can't work out why my form will not work.

I am at a loss, but the repeats are the only thing I think might be affecting it. Below are the repeats:

1) The three geopoints: I saw that this is not possible in the form unless it is used under a repeat. The three geopoints are for the start of the survey (required), end of the survey (required) and another location (not required). An image is also included in this first repeat. I have limited this repeat to 1 as I only need one input.

2) Set of questions: these questions are 'Select one' questions, with different sets of questions relevant to answers in the first question.

So the questions are repeated multiple times (I am doing a litter survey and may be lots of litter) for the survey and the geopoint is only repeated once as I am only using it to be able to record multiple geopoints.

I was hoping someone could advise me as to why form will not let me submit. I have uploaded my XLSForm as well to provide context.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Claire,

It is not possible to have multiple geopoint questions in a repeat unless only one is saved a geometry (a point) and the other two have the bind::esri:fieldtype column set to null (the x & y values can be stored in additional columns - see The Power of Nothing).  

0 Kudos