Operation rollback Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'globalid'

01-14-2021 01:00 AM
PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All

I recently required a form to be updated to include a repeat. I realized I could not add the repeat without republishing the form so i decided to add the new table and relationship via the REST API Addtodefintion. I was successfully able to republish the form and survey123 connect recognized to new table and the relationship however when I try to submit a form now I am met with the following error (taken from .sqlite file)

{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":0},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":0},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":5},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":5},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":5},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":5},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":3},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":3},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":3},{"cod N Oe":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":1},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":1},{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":1},{"code":1000,"description":"Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'globalid', table 'db_19692.user_19692.service_5822ca4cbf4645d2acd99c69fb8d5c8c_DEVIATION_REVIEW'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.\r\nThe statement has been terminated.","tableId":6}]{

has anyone any ideas as to what may be the issue? @Tedrick 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @PaulSweeney3 ,

I would need more information on this specific setup to be able to completely understand why you are seeing this error.  Just to check, the repeat that you added has the id of 6 in the feature service (that is the id of the layer/table that is generating the error)?  Can you verify that there is an index on the globalId field on the table you created (should be visible via the json representation of the layer)?

This might be better diagnosed through a Esri support ticket.

0 Kudos
PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

HI @JamesTedrick

Thanks for your response , i started again from scratch and I realized I had a a few issues with my relationship json and also not sure if it had an effect but I had no objectidfield in my layer so I added that too. i am no longer getting the error above However the form is now throwing up this error which appears o be related to the attachment layer on the feature service 

invalid object name user_xxxxx.service xxxxxxxxxxx_ATTACH

the xxxx's being the refence to the attachment layer. 

Do you know what this relates to?

regards Paul 

0 Kudos
ConorFlynn
New Contributor III

If you receive an Invalid object name that ends in __ATTA or ATTACH, it means attachments are not enabled on the layer and you have to turn them on.  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/manage-hosted-feature-layers.htm

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I'm not directly aware of what the error might be; we're diving into some deep details of feature service construction. When you create the attachment table, did you do so through REST directly or buy enabling the attachments at the item details? 

Again, working with Esri Support to diagnose this might be helpful; 

0 Kudos