Select to view content in your preferred language

Open a pulldown when selecting multiple

12-21-2023 05:24 PM
ChrisSlattery
Emerging Contributor

Hello. 

I have done this once before a couple years ago, but I have forgotten how to do it. 

I have a select multiple with two choices, 1 and 2.

I also have two groups set up that have four groups in each. There is a mix of select_one and text in each of these. I want to keep these hidden until either chose 1 is selected or choice 1 and 2 are selected. When one is selected I want the group 1 to open, if 1 and 2 are selected I want both group 1 and 2 to open. 

I am hoping someone can help. I know this is talked about a lot but I could not find what I was looking for.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bateman7
New Contributor

You'd have to do 1-hot encoding with this approach, essentially having a yes/no column for every field-value pair. So if you have 2 fields, each with 30 options, it would be 60 fields (e.g. column1-value1, column1-value2, etc.) which is untenable for large attribute sets. I found a way with microsoft lists, though https://vidmate.bid/ .

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Your relevant statement needs to use the choice name and not the label. So instead of 1, it should be gen1. Additionally, because the gennum question that is triggering your relevant statement is a select multiple question type, you need to check if gen1 has been selected as opposed to the value of that answer is gen1. 

selected(${gennum}, 'gen1')
- Jen
ChrisSlattery
Emerging Contributor

Thanks Jen. That did it. 

I have the app on my phone but I no longer have the spreadsheet it was made from so I am trying to rebuild it. 

0 Kudos