Only display the first 10 characters of a feature?

Jump to solution
07-30-2021 04:52 PM
BenWan
by
New Contributor III

Hi, I am in the 'settings' tab of a survey editing using xls through Survey123 Connect.

I am using inbox method and surveys that are sent to my users have a title, and that title is configured under "instance_name" in that 'settings' tab.

The name of my features become way too long, and I was wondering is there any code that would only display the first 10 characters of my feature? Such like in Excel if I use the code =LEFT(X, 10) it'll only give me the 10 first characters.

This is what I am currently using to display the surveys in the List view to my users: 

${Site_Name} + ': ' + ${Map_Label}

Would be great if I could only grab the first 10 characters from my ${Site_Name}

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Hi @BenWan,

Use the substring function: substr(${Site_Name},0,10). If it doesn't work in the instance_name create a new question in the main form and feed it to the instance_name.

Hope this helps, 

Uri

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Hi @BenWan,

Use the substring function: substr(${Site_Name},0,10). If it doesn't work in the instance_name create a new question in the main form and feed it to the instance_name.

Hope this helps, 

Uri

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.