new survey won't allow images to be attached

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
leahmaps
Occasional Contributor II

Hi!

I just created a new survey in survey123 connect. I have image fields set up, but none of them are able to be submitted to. This is what I see in the connect designer, and i see the same thing in the web or app. Does anyone know what might be causing this? 

leahmaps_0-1714146021090.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

That image is nested in a repeat (ActiveInspectionLog) which is set to "read only". That parameter will be inherited for all it's children (i.e., any question within that repeat).

You Connect is out of date, but nothing crazy. I'd still recommend reinstalling Connect from the Microsoft Store. That version will auto-update for you. The longer you go without updating, the greater risk you run of something just breaking in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the new version you have to add this option manually.

Add method=camera,browse to the body::esri:style column.

See https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-photos/ba-p/897907 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

There should be something there by default. This image typically indicates that the field is read only:

abureaux_0-1714153957222.png

Remove that "read only" parameter, and you should get the default input behaviour. After that, you can customize the body::esri:style as DougBrowning mentioned.

Here is the default Image question with and without "readonly==yes"

abureaux_1-1714154110395.png

0 Kudos
leahmaps

I have nothing in any image field that would indicate it as read only. and even after adding the body::esri:style, it stays the same. Something just possibly broken?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ya, that sounds super odd.

I guess I should ask if you Connect is up to date?

Beyond that, could you attach your XLSX here so we could take a look?

0 Kudos
leahmaps

Version 3.18.123 is what I am running. I also attached the XLSX. It probably looks a bit crazy (sorry for the color & groupings). I had tested that the images/groups would work like this on another form a week or two ago and it ran just as anticipated.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

That image is nested in a repeat (ActiveInspectionLog) which is set to "read only". That parameter will be inherited for all it's children (i.e., any question within that repeat).

You Connect is out of date, but nothing crazy. I'd still recommend reinstalling Connect from the Microsoft Store. That version will auto-update for you. The longer you go without updating, the greater risk you run of something just breaking in the future.

0 Kudos
leahmaps

Yep! Must have been a mistype somewhere. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos