Need help embedding image in a note

09-14-2021 06:55 PM
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I am hoping to include an image of an map in my survey 123 form as a reference for a multiple choice list. I found the insert image button (in the note question) easy enough and uploaded an image. All looks well in the preview mode for each device, but when I publish and download the form to my phone, the image does not fit the device screen and is mostly not visible. What are the tricks to insert an image (in the note question) that will fit each of the screens sizes we commonly find in phones, tablets and desktop computers? I did not find any options in the web form creator that would control image scaling. Is this possible using survey 123 connect?

Spoiler
(short answer is yes on survey 123 connect, and I think that is the only option at this point)

Thank you.

b

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BobChristensen,

I don't believe it is possiuble to set the image preview size from the Survey123 web designer, the default size of the image will be used. However you can do this from Survey123 Connect, using the height and previewHeight parameters. Please refer to following documentation:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/esricustomcolumns.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_50827...

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip, 

I appreciate your solution but that was no exactly what I was looking for. My question was about how to get an image in a note question to scale to fill the screen of all devices, not the map or image questions. Sorry if my post was not clear to begin.

Though your solution was not my solution, it did give me enough of a clue to dig into survey 123 connect where I noticed that the header note, which scales images as I was hoping to do with other note questions in the form, uses the media::image column to reference the image in the note and that seems to scale things the way I want without using the body::esri:style column. I would add for those who are searching for a similar solution, it is probably worth reducing the size of the image that is included in the media folder to be no wider or taller than your target devices might benefit from.

Thanks again for putting me on the path.

AnnaScholl
Occasional Contributor

Hi Phil. Anyway this link could be updated? It doesn't refer to anything with height and previewheight. Thanks!