multiple related tables are needed, but cannot use nested repeat

12-03-2019 12:31 PM
KerryKang1
New Contributor II

Hello all, 

I need some advice on how I can construct survey accordingly with my limited conditions. I am working on creating plot sampling scenario and the hierarchy of the survey is like below:

Each site (The site can be repeated but I limited it to one at a time. ) contains multiple plots (up to 10). And Each plot, it takes multiple species information (up to 10). I was able to create this survey successfully with nested repeat previously, but unfortunately I cannot use nested repeat anymore due to its display issue on the web version survey.

For now, I made only 1 repeat at the Plot level. So the repeat group contains plot name and 10 of species fileds (item 1, item 2, ,,item 10). It's totally fine for survey but what we need is analysis afterwards. As expected, my result table has 10 duplicated fields (named 1, 2, ..10), which is not ideal data structure for analysis. I need to re-structure the whole survey or re-arrange the result with additional tables to use in the analysis.

Is there any way that I can get nested repeat result (related tables) without using it directly in my survey?

Cheers, 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kerry,

A couple of ideas:

• In the parent form, have 10 groups of questions, 1 for each plot, along with a repeat for the species (the species repeat will need a question to let the user identify the plot it is relevant for
  • Have a repeat section for the plots and a separate repeat section for the species.  Again, the species repeat will need a question to let the user identify the plot, but you might be able to calculate that.
0 Kudos