Multiple points on same survey map.

08-12-2021 08:25 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all.  I'm relatively new to Survey123 and I've been searching for a couple of days to figure this out, but have came up with nothing.  I have a feeling it probably has something to do with me not even knowing exactly what to search for/how to word it properly.   

I'm wondering if there is a way to place multiple points on a mapping survey questions within Survey123.   I have someone in transportation here that's wanting something specific, and I'm thinking it's impossible if you're an idiot like I am.  Basically, we want to be able to open the survey, and place a point on the map, that point would pop up a fillable form describing the point.   What little I understand about Survey123, I'm guessing it really is impossible to have multiple points associated with one survey entry, but I would love to be proven wrong on that.

Thanks for any help you could point me to.

8 Replies
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So using repeats will work with the mapping function?  I only ask because it looks like it only works on questions within the survey.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
It depends what the user experience is that you want. They cannot input multiple points on the same map all at once, but you could have a repeat whereby each point is added to a geopoint question in a repeat. There is functionality coming which will allow users to see (not input) all of the points on the Survey123 map as they are added. Alternatively you may want to look at Field Maps if you are wanting to add multiple points all in one go.
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This will work, it might not be perfectly how he wants it, but it works.  Thanks so much for your help!!

DataOfficer

No problem. And if you need to the same information associated to multiple points there may be ways of doing that, but hard to describe without further detail on what you need. Best of luck 🙂

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, let me explain a little further.

Each point that will be placed on the map represents a transportation related concern.  

• Traffic Concern
  • Pedestrian Concern
  • Bicycling Concern
  • Transit Concern
  • Safety Concern
  • Land use/development note
  • Freight Concern
  • Stormwater Concern
  • Other Concern or Idea

So the issue was, without using the repeat function, they'd only be able to place a single point, pick a specific concern from a separate question, and then move on.  In a perfect world, it would be awesome to place the point and be able to populate a form attached to that point instead of using a separate question for it, but I'm not complaining.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

First let me apologize for blowing this thread up with posts.  I was able to get repeat to work on text based questions.  Being the mapping tool in the survey isn't something you submit, I'm not sure how to make the map repeat.  The map is submitted when you hit 'Submit' for the entire survey.   Hopefully I'm explaining that correctly. 

0 Kudos
DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, you can collect multiple point using Survey 123. Creation one form for Survey 123 and shared it publicly and copy the shareable link and share with multiple users amd ask to collect the point. Same time multiple users can access your form and place the point and collect the information.