Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple Geopoints in Survey123

Jump to solution
09-25-2023 07:38 AM
EuropaxEarth
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm attempting to design a survey that allows the user to input a max of 50 photos - all with there lat/lon/Alt values extracted via EXIF tags and populated in Map Viewer.

However, since Survey123 restricts having more than 1 geometry field, I've been using the following workaround: Geopoint Workaround

Based on this example I would need to create 49 "begin repeat" and "end repeat"  groups which isn't the most time efficient process. Is there a way to create a loop so that a user can upload 50 pictures and each picture will have its EXIF information extracted and populated into the dashboard - for a total of 50 points?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No you would create one repeat with a photo question in it.  The repeat would have the photo question, photo type, and the exif questions, then you can also a geopoint.  You can use a constraint using count() to limit the number of repeats they can make.  In the Dashboard map the repeat vs the form itself.  I bring in any info I need from the parent like project name so I can use filters in my dashboard.

DougBrowning_0-1695652963714.png

DougBrowning_1-1695652998128.png

I also created a summary page that lists what the crew took vs what they need.

DougBrowning_2-1695653067809.png

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No you would create one repeat with a photo question in it.  The repeat would have the photo question, photo type, and the exif questions, then you can also a geopoint.  You can use a constraint using count() to limit the number of repeats they can make.  In the Dashboard map the repeat vs the form itself.  I bring in any info I need from the parent like project name so I can use filters in my dashboard.

DougBrowning_0-1695652963714.png

DougBrowning_1-1695652998128.png

I also created a summary page that lists what the crew took vs what they need.

DougBrowning_2-1695653067809.png

Hope that helps

EuropaxEarth
New Contributor III

Got it, thank you. I used the begin/end repeat function and then just put "50" under the "repeat_count" field. 

Helpful resource: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/error-this-survey-cannot-be-published-only-one-geometr...

0 Kudos
EuropaxEarth
New Contributor III

I don't think I entirely understood your message earlier😅 but I've now set the constraint to count(50). I do prefer how the constraint tool gives the users the flexibility to reduce/add however many pictures they like. 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea only weird part is they can create number 51 but then it yells at them if they try to submit.  To help with that I added a big red note that says "Opps went too far" right when they hit 51.

0 Kudos