Multiple geopoints in a form

09-10-2020 01:16 PM
CédricVilleneuve
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm wondering why the geopoint type in a form does'nt create a point shape like the geoshape and geotrace type question do? Is there anything I could do to obtain the same results? Its seems that the form automaticaly use a point shape to localise the form itself.... I guess this is why it cannot create other points for different items...

Thanks

#geopoint

#survey123

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Cédric,

Could you explain more in details on what you try to approach? Are you trying to capture multiple points in one geopoint question? For geopoint type of question, you can only capture one point at a time. Within the same form, if you would like to have two geopoint fields, one of them would need to set as null into bind:fieldType. Please check the sample "Multiple Geopoints" for details in Connect.

0 Kudos
CédricVilleneuve
New Contributor III

Actually i've set many questions as geopoint and I can use them but the result is a table with latitude, longitude and altitude fields in my but no shape associated. Why can we make multiple polygone or lines within a form or even within a repeat question type but not with points? Do you get my "point" haha. If you need my xlsForm I can show it to you.

Thanks

Cédric Villeneuve

Technicien principal en gestion et valorisation des aires protégées

Direction des aires protégées

Ministère de l'Environnement

et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques (MELCC)

675, boul. René-Lévesque Est, 4e étage

Québec (Québec)

G1R5V7

418-521-3907 #4784

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Cédric,

Yes, could you share your XLSForm with us so that we can take a look at your survey design?

0 Kudos
CédricVilleneuve
New Contributor III

There you go!

Look for every geopoint (about 5) with the name starting by "LOC_". So to resume, I'd like my geopoint to create a shape of point associated to my form same as the geoshape and geotrace do.

Thanks in advance

Cédric Villeneuve

Technicien principal en gestion et valorisation des aires protégées

Direction des aires protégées

Ministère de l'Environnement

et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques (MELCC)

675, boul. René-Lévesque Est, 4e étage

Québec (Québec)

G1R5V7

418-521-3907 #4784

0 Kudos