Multiple Dates in Survey123

03-12-2020 02:18 PM
AnthonyMosinski1
New Contributor

Is there a way to make a survey in survey123 that will allow you to select multiple dates? We would like to make a survey to ask people to say which days certain events will be occurring on. These dates however will have varying days and lengths. I.e. we may have an event start on 3/20 and then go every other day for 3 weeks. Or we may have an event start on 3/20 but then be on 3/22, 3/23, 3/26, 3/28, 3/29, and random days. 

Only way I can think of to do it is to have a question asking how many days will the event occur on then have the survey logic have that many date questions popup. But this would lead to many blank columns in the database since come events may be a day and other may be 30. 

Could really use the help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have a date field in a repeat.  Ask how many days and use that field in the repeat_count column of the date repeat.  That way if they say 10 - you automatically have 10 repeats.  It will then be a related table which is good and bad.

One thing to watch out for is if they add say 9 then change the number to 11 it sometimes erases all the repeats and starts over.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
AnthonyMosinski1
New Contributor

I am not familiar with that process. Do you create repeats in survey123 connect? Do you have to set up a related database or does it automatically?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just add a Begin Repeat and End repeat in the form with the fields inbetween.  It will auto create a related table all linked up.  Works just like any other database.  The Schema tab will show you all it will all work even before you publish.

Start by reading the docs  Repeats—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
AnthonyMosinski1
New Contributor

Thank you so much for your help I will give it a try! I appreciate it!

0 Kudos