Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple Choice Filter Columns for a Single List

04-19-2024 01:56 PM
emoreno
New Contributor III

Hello ESRI Community!

I was wondering if it was possible to apply a choice filter to the same list using two different columns in the choices tab. The reasoning is that I want certain choices in my Internet_Packages list to appear for a select_one question if a hidden text question populates with either Yes, No, or F, but I also want more choices to appear if a second hidden text question populates with XGS. I only want the user to be able to select one option out of the many that may be applicable to them, so doing another list and another select_one question for the additional packages where hiddentextQ2 = XGS would not be a feasible option. Is this possible? Does anyone have any ideas on a better way I'd be able to format the survey? any help is appreciated. Thank you! 

Here's an example of how the survey works currently: a user inputs their address, and hidden Q1 is populated with either Yes,  No, or F, while hidden Q2 is populated with either a Null value or XGS value. 

emoreno_1-1713559666627.png

The next question is a select_one question that populates from my Internet_Packages list with package options 1-9 based on the response from hidden Q1

emoreno_2-1713559769977.png

I'd like for packages 10 and 11 from the same list to be added as options to this select_one question if the response from hidden question 2 is = XGS. If the response is null, then I'd like only packages 1, 2, and 3 to be selectable. Please let me know if there needs to be any more clarification. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The way to do this is to make a new key that is the two values together.  Like RedBlue then do you lookup on that.  You can use concat to combine the two user choices then reference that field in the lookup.

Hope that makes sense I think that is what you meant.

emoreno
New Contributor III

Hi Doug, 

I was able to create a new field that uses concat to combine those two types, and updated the choice filter for my select_one question with info from that new field. My Interent_Home_Packages list has now has 24 packages in it given the different concatenated values that could be given, and while this solution works it has the potential to become unmanageable in my circumstances. I appreciate your help, as I had also believed that combining the two fields would be the only way to show the correct packages. 

I was wondering if it was possible to set the conditionality of the next question to appear when the package selected in the select_one question above contains "Fiber 1 Gbps" in its name. It is an acknowledgement question that only appears if a user wants the 1 GB internet package, and given the 24 packages in my new list I'd like to not have a very long Relevant column value that repeats the below input for every possible applicable package. Is this possible or is there a better way to accomplish this? Thank you again for your assistance. 

${please_select_a_choice_from_our}='Residential Fiber 1 Gbps-- $59.9'
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure now if you mean filter the drop down list or control a relevant.  For a filter I do not think there is a contains yet.  But for relevant you could use contains()

This list contains in the search appearance way but I think that is just points in polygons.  You can test it though  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/dynamic-choice-lists-using-search-appearance/ba-... 

Sorry you kind of lost me now

0 Kudos