I have a couple questions in regards to the multiple choice output.
1. Is there a way to give a count per choice?
For example, We have health educators that go out and talk about certain topics. They can either talk about one topic or a series of topics. When they enter in their survey they have the following multiple options:
I use the infographic widget on the web app builder and when I try to graph the topics it reads the combination of strings not the individual topics. As shown here:
Notice that the inforgraphic reads only the string combination not the individual count. I know Survey123 analysis is able to break it into individual counts, but I ran into the issue of not being to see counts per category. Hence why I had to use the WebApp builder's infographic widget. Would there be a work around within Survey123 Connect where I can do this and work with the widget?
2. Can I remove the underscores on a multiple choice answer?
As I mentioned before I noticed that with select one questions I do not have this issue. When a multiple choice answer is given it does not remove the underscores and I have to remove them each time a new entry is submitted.The reason to take out the underscores is that these can be printed nice on paper but it looks "tacky" with the charts showing under scores in the name. I did want to note when I edit on ArcGIS Pro the select one questions seem to be in a domain but not the multiple choice questions. Any workaround or explanations would help.
1) Thanks for pointing this out. We are looking at enhancing the charts available on the Analysis page, and this looks like it would be a component of doing so. I've added an enhancement to look into this.
2) This is actually somewhat difficult to fix. Because of the multiple answers available, select_multiple questions can't be stored in a domain with a label; additionally, the form specification used by Survey123 also does not allow spaces in the values of choices.
1) There are couple things that I hope the Analysis tab accomplishes. One of them being able to pull additional information per category for example I want to see how many people attended per topic/per organization/per other categories. I think the when all is needed is the summary pages of the Survey123 analysis page, printing can be quite messy. Is there going to be any enhancements to printing of the analysis section? I did find that if you use dashboard view on the web app builder with the infographics widget the printing looks great (have to adjust the scaling a little).
2) Lastly since the analysis tab is capable of counting the individual selections or choices and displaying them without the underscores is it possible to have the same done on the webapp builder infographic widget ( not sure if you can answer this)? I may have to wait and see your enhancements to your analysis section as this may eliminate the use of the Webapp as a workaround. Is there a plan or expected schedule when these new enhancements will be released?
We haven't gone into much planning on the specifics of additional enhancements to the Analysis Page; descriptions like the one you provide help us by creating workflows that we can incorporate into our planning
On the Web AppBuilder, I know that there is some interest in having them better work with Survey123 data, including the multiple choice issue (though perhaps this specific issue hasn't been brought up). jsong-esristaff, dlaw-esristaff - see the above for an enhancement on Web AppBuilder