Regressions in Report Template Export

11-05-2018 10:24 AM
LawrenceLin
New Contributor III

1) After saving a template in Manage templates the "Saved Successfully!" message box appears and does not go away. Have to load another tab then go back to the Data to clear the message.

2) Report download does not automatically start after generation when "Save result to your account" is not selected. Saving results works but it's annoying to have to go to another page to download the results.

3) Map generation is failing. Template line of "${EncroachmentLoc | size:300:0}" throws an error:

Job ID
24027159b4e94382b89461475bdee8b5
Status
Failed
Failed to print map for ${EncroachmentLoc|size:300:0}.

Removing the line lets the report generate.

4) In a different survey report template that worked last week:

Job ID
9697e5d395fb49858d2cd09ff88d67f8
Status
Failed
Error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse "${ReportDate|format: ’MM/DD/YYYY’}"Field "${ReportDate}" does not exist or cannot be found in current parsing scope.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

I am receiving similar error Error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse "${ReportDate|format: ’MM/DD/YYYY’}"Field "${ReportDate}" does not exist or cannot be found in current parsing scope. However mine says the ${ScienceName} field is missing. Which this report worked earlier in the day on friday and now it wont work. Did you find anything on this?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lawrence,

1. It would be helpful if you can share some exact steps to reproduce this issue. We had few feedbacks before but currently cannot find a procedure to 100% reproduce it.
  2. Would you mind sharing more information about this issue?
    1. Does the downloading start automatically if you choose to "Save result to your account"?
    2. Does this happen to all your surveys?
    3. Which browser did you use when you can reproduce the issue?
  3. We had an issue when printing the map in report and it has been fixed. Can you please try again on the same survey/template to see if it works now?
  4. cc Claire Inbody‌ in 3.1 release, we will report any syntax error in the report template to help users fix the template more easily. As a side effect, the checking process is now more restrictly which can cause template worked previously cannot work now. Can you please check your survey to make sure the field exists in it or in the context (such as in the related layer/table if it resides in a repeat section of the template)?
0 Kudos
ClaireInbody1
Occasional Contributor

Looks like I had two locations within the report template that was causing my report failure. Once I removed the second ${ScienceName} from my report it was able to run fine. Good catch. Thanks!

0 Kudos
LawrenceLin
New Contributor III

1) Tried to upload a video but it was rejected, will email.

2) Fixed, report generation automatically trigger a download regardless of "save" selection. 

3) Fixed

4) Is a check run after template upload?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

For item 4), yes, the checking process can only be performed when trying to generate report after uploading the template. In the future, we have the plan to support checking the syntax in the template without uploading a template.

0 Kudos