MS Word error upon generating reports

10-09-2018 10:30 AM
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

I am receiving the following message from Word upon generating reports:  "We're sorry. We can't open [report name] because we found a problem with its contents." Details:  "HRESULT 0x80004005" "Location:  Part: /word/header1.xml, Line: 0, Column: 0."

I have a number of reports with the same format and identical headers. Reports for all of these were generating without errors until the last two that were created. The previous reports with identical headers are still generating without issue. However, it seems each subsequent report template created gets this error. I have tried rebuilding the headers from scratch, but continue to get the same message. I've also tried the open and repair function with no luck. This message does not appear when opening these documents from their folders, only when generating the reports.

The report will still open despite what the error says, but I don't want people calling to report this issue every day when these surveys go public. The Word file is attached. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. Would you mind also sharing the XLSForm file (.xlsx) which together with the template file (.docx) can reproduce the problem for us to investigate?

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Thanks for looking into this. The xls has been added to the original post. 

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris,

I've published a test survey with the XLSForm and report template files you attached in the post. However, I can generate report based on one test record (objectid=1) and open the report without issue.

Is there any requirement for the data to reproduce the issue? If yes, can you please submit one to the below survey?

0 Kudos