Move points on existing survey

Jump to solution
01-14-2019 06:59 AM
JeffGarcia2
New Contributor III

Hello GeoNet,

I've got my first survey out there and noticed I've got some bad GPS points in the data from field personnel. What are the ways to move existing points to their correct location with Survey123 data

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeff,

There are a few options that are available for moving  the location of your existing data.  

One thing to remember, is that the survey data resides in a hosted Feature Service, and therefore can be interacted with in the same manner that any other Feature Service can.  This means that you can add the Feature Service to a web map in ArcGIS Online or Portal, and manually move the location of the data as desired.

For information regarding where to find the hosted Feature Service, look at the 'Where are my surveys stored' section in the following Help doc...http://survey123.arcgis.com/help/faq 

For editing in AGOL, check here... Edit features—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Another option is to use the Inbox functionality with Survey123.  This would allow you or others to move the existing location of records within the Survey123 field app.

More on this here...

Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Best,

Brandon 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeff,

There are a few options that are available for moving  the location of your existing data.  

One thing to remember, is that the survey data resides in a hosted Feature Service, and therefore can be interacted with in the same manner that any other Feature Service can.  This means that you can add the Feature Service to a web map in ArcGIS Online or Portal, and manually move the location of the data as desired.

For information regarding where to find the hosted Feature Service, look at the 'Where are my surveys stored' section in the following Help doc...http://survey123.arcgis.com/help/faq 

For editing in AGOL, check here... Edit features—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Another option is to use the Inbox functionality with Survey123.  This would allow you or others to move the existing location of records within the Survey123 field app.

More on this here...

Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Best,

Brandon 

JeffGarcia2
New Contributor III

Brandon,

Thank you that was it, simple click once then wait and left click hold to move. Should have known that but was thinking all of the other ways to edit/move instead of the KISS method. Thanks for the links and reply.