More than one user on same login

Jump to solution
03-11-2020 11:35 AM
SMa
by
New Contributor II

Can you have more than one user say 10 users on the same login filling out the same survey and submitting without issue on an enterprise in Survey123?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Sherry Mattice‌,

From a technical side yes.

Ethically and licensing wise no.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

As Derek Law‌ states here, https://community.esri.com/thread/200812-arcgis-online-user-name-login-limit :

"This is not permitted and is a violation of the software terms of use. A named user account cannot be shared and is meant for a single, explicit user."

This is the policy across the ArcGIS platform, so both ArcGIS Online and Portal/Enterprise.

BenTurrell

Hey Sherry Mattice‌,

From a technical side yes.

Ethically and licensing wise no.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you simultaneously sign in on 10 devices though? Derek said in the thread above that "you can only login simultaneously 3 times with the same account". Has that changed since a year ago, or is Enterprise not limited?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chelsea,

> ... "you can only login simultaneously 3 times with the same account". Has that changed since a year ago, or is Enterprise not limited?

Confirming this has not changed. A named user can only login simultaneously 3 times with the same account.

Hope this helps,

BenTurrell

Sherry Mattice

Glad my response helped out. Feel free to @ me in any future questions you have about this sort of thing. If I helped out could you please go to my profile and mark up my skills (https://community.esri.com/people/bturrellesriaustralia-com-au-esridist) or give me a follow!

Thanks,

Ben