More layers in survey123

Jump to solution
04-14-2022 05:01 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good afternoon, I would like to know if it is possible, and how to put more than one layer in survey123 online When publishing it creates a layer, but I would like to see if in addition to this layer I can place, modify thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Using Survey132 Connect, you can create a survey against a single layer from a multi-layer service. But there's no way to do this in the online form builder. And there's no way to edit more than one layer in a single form, except in the case of related tables.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

MarceloCatalo_0-1649944264096.png

its 1 layer but i need more

0 Kudos
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

If you create your survey using an XLS Form, you can create repeats inside your survey.  Each set of repeats will be saved in a separate layer or table.  If your repeat collects a geopoint or geoshape, it will create a layer for the repeat.  If your repeat just collects attributes, it will create a table.  What @jcarlson was trying to say is that those repeats will be related back to the Parent main layer.  The repeats are Children to the Parent, in a 1:M relationship.  When you publish your survey, it will create one main feature service with multiple feature layers and tables within.  

Example, we are working a project where there is a large area surveyed (the Parent) and multiple small areas within (the Children).  We capture a geoshape at the parent level, and then there is a repeat that stores another geoshape.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Using Survey132 Connect, you can create a survey against a single layer from a multi-layer service. But there's no way to do this in the online form builder. And there's no way to edit more than one layer in a single form, except in the case of related tables.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

MarceloCatalo_0-1649944264096.png

its 1 layer but i need more

0 Kudos
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

If you create your survey using an XLS Form, you can create repeats inside your survey.  Each set of repeats will be saved in a separate layer or table.  If your repeat collects a geopoint or geoshape, it will create a layer for the repeat.  If your repeat just collects attributes, it will create a table.  What @jcarlson was trying to say is that those repeats will be related back to the Parent main layer.  The repeats are Children to the Parent, in a 1:M relationship.  When you publish your survey, it will create one main feature service with multiple feature layers and tables within.  

Example, we are working a project where there is a large area surveyed (the Parent) and multiple small areas within (the Children).  We capture a geoshape at the parent level, and then there is a repeat that stores another geoshape.  

0 Kudos