Map on Survey 123 website not zoomed in

04-05-2018 05:07 PM
WilmaRobertson
New Contributor III

Recently we are having trouble looking at the pdf reports generated when you click on a record on the data tab on the survey 123 website. All maps in this pdf  report seem to be zoomed far out and encompasses more than the United States. In the past when we ran into this issue I was able to fix it by increasing the zoom level for the preview and detailed map settings in Survey 123 Connect, but that does not seem to work.  How do I get the map to show up zoomed in (without having to do it manually by clicking the zoom in button).  Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Wilma,

I see the the issue you are reporting. I've opened an issue with the web developers to look into and correct this.

0 Kudos
WilmaRobertson
New Contributor III

Thank you!

0 Kudos
LisaGodwin
New Contributor II

Hi James, do you know when this issue will be fixed?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Lisa,

This was fixed in version 2.8 - the point's map zoom is set by the form's map settings.  Additionally, you can specify the scale, if desired, of the map in the Word document with

${location|mapSettings:"<web map id>":<map scale>}

${location|mapSettings:"10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9":264800}

LisaGodwin
New Contributor II

Hi James, Do you set the point's map zoom level when you set up the survey? Also, where can you update the map in the word document with your recommendation? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Lisa,

The map is set up when you et up the survey; you can change this and republish the survey to update the settings.

The template code i provided is for the geopoint question in your word document; add the mapSettings parts to that tag.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Since Thursday 28/07/2022 I am experiencing some issues with the map in Survey123 report. For couple months I have been using ${$shape|mapSettings:"48b8097230ba44eb8b6607254865080d"|size:800:500} to show the shape selected for the report. As you can see on image 1 the shape is highlighted. I exported the same map today and the map shows the default extent of the webmap (image 2). Has something changed over the last couple days?

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg