Map not functioning on webform

07-23-2017 09:36 AM
ICFAdmin
New Contributor II

I've created a reporting form to use on a website and it seems to work pretty well. Except, I cannot get the geopoint to collect data. When I try it on my phone using the app it works fine. I can move the location of the map after it automatically finds my current location so I can put it on the location I want to record. However, on the webform, the map does not seem to record the new location.

For example, when I move the map to a new location, I see no corresponding change in the latitude or longitude. Also, if I use the search box to "jump to" a location, the map does not update. 

I tried just moving the map to a location and hoped it was recording the location even though it was not showing it. In the end, the map put the point in my default location and not the location I choose with the map. 

Here is a link to the form:

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/86cfaa95ffe74bc4925f537a2364ca1f 

I've tried in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and IE and have the same results in all.

I don't think there is much I can do from my end - it appears to be a programming issue. I would be happy to rebuild the form if that will help.

0 Kudos
29 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Double quotes - Excel tends to turn the first single quote as a signifier that 'This cell contains text, even if it looks like a number'.  Could you share your XLSfile?

0 Kudos
ScottKiley
Occasional Contributor II

We'll try using double quotes and share the XLS file with you.

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

We have double quotes on the defaults in the attached XLS form and still receive the form logic error.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Scott,

Thanks for sending the form.  I can see the issue now.  An issue was introduced in the use of default values on the webform - it's getting transferred to the output of the 'calculate' column.  As a workaround, wrapping the default value with string() (i.e., string('MN') will get the value into the form

ScottKiley

Thanks James.

0 Kudos
ICFAdmin
New Contributor II

James,

We see our form, the original for this post, now has a functioning map for the geopoint. Thank you. Two follow on questions. 

1. Is there a way to have the form NOT show all of the additional diagnostic information by default (Lant/Long/Accuracy/etc)? If not, no big deal but form testers ask me about it. "What do I need to fill in here?"

2. When I try to publish an update to the form, it gets stuck "Enabling editor tracking". It jsut continues to spin and the updates never complete.

I'll try to just recreate the form completely to see if it solves the problem. 

JamesTedrick

1. There's a new appearance hide-input , that hides the manual coordinate entry by default.

2. I'm not sure why it might be getting stuck on 'Enabling editor tracking' - there might be a one of a few underlying reasons.  One possibility is the survey length - how many questions are in the parent part of your survey?

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

hide-input is not available to use in he appearance column of the geopoint.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

It was introduced with 2.3 template of Survey123 Connect.  To add it yourself:

1) go to the 'Types' worksheet

2) scroll to the appearances list - around for 35 or so

3) In the middle of the list (so as to cause it to be surrounded by the others), insert a row

4) in Column A, enter in the text "hide-input".  If you want, you can add a description in column B

Alternatively, you could disable data validation for the cell and type it in manually.

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

Thanks James, that worked. We are on version 2.3.24 of Connect.

0 Kudos