Select to view content in your preferred language

Looking for some pointers

Jump to solution
11-11-2022 06:42 AM
JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

Hoping someone will read this and be able to refer me to some informational sources.  By google foo capabilities are failing me right now.  

I am looking to build a workflow App with Survey 123.  Where an incident is detected by an IoT device through Velocity (this part works) and then someone using Survey 123 provides additional data / updates and once complete a manager / supervisor / auditor reviews the data also via Survey 123 and signs off.   Each step after the initial creation is going to update the transaction (Feature Layer) and provide more content.  

My hope is that someone can point me at a blog, youtube, discussion thread that will help me get beyond putting the initial data content into the Feature Layer and generating an SMS notification with Velocity. 

TIA --  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
  1. Open Survey123 Connect
  2. Create a New Survey from your existing Feature Layer.
    1. You can remove unnecessary questions from your form, reorder questions, relabel them, etc. Do not change the question types or values in the name column.
    2. Before publishing from Connect, make sure you enable the Inbox and disable the Sent folder.  Populating the instance name would be a good idea too.  
  3. Once published, download into the Survey123 mobile app. Refresh the Inbox to download records into your device. Data submitted from the Inbox will edit existing records.
  4. If you want to limit the number of records downloaded into the mobile app Inbox, you can use a filter in your Inbox (from Connect).

Resources: 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
  1. Open Survey123 Connect
  2. Create a New Survey from your existing Feature Layer.
    1. You can remove unnecessary questions from your form, reorder questions, relabel them, etc. Do not change the question types or values in the name column.
    2. Before publishing from Connect, make sure you enable the Inbox and disable the Sent folder.  Populating the instance name would be a good idea too.  
  3. Once published, download into the Survey123 mobile app. Refresh the Inbox to download records into your device. Data submitted from the Inbox will edit existing records.
  4. If you want to limit the number of records downloaded into the mobile app Inbox, you can use a filter in your Inbox (from Connect).

Resources: 

JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you !

0 Kudos