Load Lists based on the device network connectivity

08-06-2021 02:01 PM
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

I have a requirement of loading lists from CSV or Feature Service to Select_one dropdownlist. I'm able to retrieve the data using search function from either of it.

But If the device is Offline, I need to pull the data from local CSV file from the media folder otherwise pull the data from feature service.

is there any way to add consdition in appearance column to achieve this functionality ? as below

autocomplete if(pulldata("@property", 'online'), search("<tablename>?url=<featureservice>"), search('<tablename>','','<fieldname>'))

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is there a reason you are not using Linked Content to a CSV?  Then just update the CSV - if they are online they get the new version on form open automatically if not it just uses the old one.  

If not you could do the 3rd party trick.  Create 2 fields with temp names and null binding, one linking to the CSV and the other to the service.  Use relevant to show the correct one.  Then have a 3rd final field that uses coalesce to pick the one used - this is the field that actually populates the service.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Linked content , How to update CSV content dynamically in Linked content ?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You add a CSV to AGOL then you can update that.  You can do that manually or with a Python script.  The form sees the changes and grabs a new copy of the CSV.  

Help is about half way down in here  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformessentials.htm 

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

My question is, as content is linked, if anything updated in arcgis online or enterprise  for csv contents .  will field user get an update to refresh the survey form ?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes it will see the change and auto update.  Give it a try.

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Will give a try 

0 Kudos