Line walk inspection/Progress tracking data

08-23-2021 07:12 AM
jstewart_nep
New Contributor II

Hello everyone, newbie here. Have been using Survey123 for a little while now for power line impediment tracking. It worked very good last year and am now looking to expand.

We are wanting to do a line walk app for the ops guys to be able to record all the lines that they have walked and also report any issues that they find on any of the poles.

Completed: Survey123 survey that contains the trouble codes that Ops can use to record any issues they find, and also record which lines that they’ve walked (starting and stopping pole #)

Looking for suggestions: How to record/pull the data in order to have an easy-to-use interface the guys can go to and see which lines/portion of lines have been walked and which ones have yet to be walked.

Thanks for any help, and if there’s info that I left out that would be helpful, please let me know.

Using ArcGIS Survey123 Connect, Survey123, ArcGIS Online and Explorer

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

So the lines are actual line geometry?  And the inspections are points?

I would look at FeatureSets in Arcade.  You could do a lookup spatially (would prob need to buffer the point then intersect) or by pole number.  See here  https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/mapping/mapping/whats-new-with-arcade-taking-a-stroll-thro... 

Hope that helps not much to go on.

0 Kudos
jstewart_nep
New Contributor II

@DougBrowning 

Thank you for the reply, I will check that out.

Yes to your questions, the lines are geometry and the inspections are points which will correlate to the poles which are also points.

0 Kudos
jstewart_nep
New Contributor II

In the Survey123 survey that we have setup, the guys can select  Line1 - Starting Pole 2 - Ending Pole 52 - Code WLK

This signifies that they walked line 1,  from pole 2 to pole 52 and no problems were detected. 

I know that I could use a query to select pole # at least 2 and no more than 52 and it will select each individual pole and I could export that to a csv. Is there another direction that you can point me to accomplish this automatically when the survey is submitted (currently using power automate for the webhook) and maybe write those poles to cells of a spreadsheet. I could then display that data as a feature service to represent what has been walked. It is quite possible that I am overlooking a much easier way to accomplish this.

0 Kudos