Limit geocoder options for Survey 123 form

10-12-2018 12:30 PM
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to find a workaround for a survey to not allow people to enter addresses or locations outside of our county. I found some posts about limiting the extent. That doesn't help for addresses pretty close to our outside of our boundary.  I am using the desktop version starting from the Damage assessment survey template.   But I'd rather use our geocoder. I see how you can change the geocoder within the design phase. But when a user goes to fill out the form it resorts to searching "All" of the geocoders we have in our Org. Is there a way to set it so it will only use one (our) geocoder?

Tags (2)
8 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kendall,

The locator selected should be retained in the application across forms once set.  Aside from that, you could remove the ArcGIS Online World Geocoder from the organization's locator list.

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

It retains it in the Survey 123 Connect app, but when I open the form it still searches everything.  Here is my form: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/96672ebee97b4ce88945bcd816a03fb9.

I set the Survey 123 connect to use our "Henrico County Geocoder".

FYI, we can't remove the World Geocoder entirely from the organization.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Kendell,

There isn't a geocoder setting in Survey123 Connect - what you are setting is the form's preview only.  You would need to set the geocoder in the field app; the setting will be retained there.

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

Can you provide further details on that?  I can imagine if i were to create a web app (if people were adding entries that way) I could set the geocoder. But most of the people using this will only be using the form via browser.  So setting the geocoder in an app wouldn't affect the browser form, right?

JamesTedrick

Hi Kendell,

I was discussing using the Survey123 field (mobile) app, not the web app.  You are correct that in this situation, that is beside the point.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a reason that two years later there isn't a setting to turn off the Esri world geocoder and use our own? I understand using the Esri one if there isn't another one available, but we should have that option as users. Trying to use our own data while the Esri locator is there causes alot of confusion with public surveys. Especially when an address number and street show up in 3 different states. Or at least allow more control over input on the esri locator - like down to the State or region level.

RosemaryHatch
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Could you point me to some documentation on how to turn off the ArcGIS Online Geocoder for a Survey 123 App? Thanks

KhuloodAlganehi
New Contributor

Hey Kendell, 

did you figure out the solution i'm having the same  

0 Kudos